Client Projects Include:
Ongoing public relations support and special event planning.
- Event Planning & Management – Conceptualized, created, promoted and managed a full-day educational retreat for families raising deaf and hard-of-hearing children. More than 200 people attended. Media coverage included L.A. Parent Magazine.
Connected: Celebrating Families
- Fundraising Support - Developed and promoted a successful crowdfunding campaign with Indiegogo.
- Media Relations - Draft press releases as needed.
- Project Management - Create and implement management strategies for assorted DEAF Project programs.
Ongoing public relations support.
Ongoing public relations, marketing, creative and special events.
- Event Planning & Management — Conceptualized, created and run Camp Waggin’ Tails, a semiannual training weekend with multiple sessions in Big Bear Lake and Cayucos, CA.
Highlights from a Big Bear Lake adventure:
- Write original lyrics for each session of Camp Waggin’ Tails’ unique camp song (2007-present). Highlights include:
- Conceptualized and worked with a graphic designer to create original camp graphics for each session of camp (2007-present):
- Media Relations – Secured media placements in various outlets including KNBC-TV, The Pet Press and multiple articles in APDT’s Chronicle of the Dog.
- Curriculum Development — Researched and created new class curricula to increase class offerings by more than 200 percent and aid in client retention.
INTERNATIONAL MYELOMA FOUNDATION
Ongoing Media Relations, Community Relations & Public Affairs
- L.A. Daily News “LA Life” cover story
- Foundation media kit backgrounder
- Educational seminar press release
Other Foundation projects include:
Multiple Myeloma Quilts of Courage
A series of four quilts compiled as an awareness-raising fund-raiser. Squares were available for a nominal fee and were personalized by patients and family members. Finished quilts were displayed at IMF events nationwide.
IMF Holiday Cards
Working with the family members of myeloma patients, the IMF created a collection of holiday cards featuring children’s hand-drawn artwork. Each design included a brief artist bio and Foundation information.
EPILEPSY FOUNDATION OF GREATER LOS ANGELES
Be Seizure Smart Campaign
School-to-Career & Groundhog Job Shadow Day
Creative Media Relations Tactics